24 June 2007

Letter Holder Makeover

Some time ago I found this wooden letter holder on the flea market. It was really dirty and in a bad condition, but I thought it had a beautiful shape and so I bought it for 50 cents. Now I gave it a new look. I first decomposed it and removed all nails. I sanded it and used a primer to make the pink colour adhere onto the dark wood. I put paper behind the heart-shaped holes. After the pink colour was dried I sanded the edges to give it an old and shabby look and put the pieces together again. Voila, this is the result!




4 comments:

  1. wahnsinnig schön.. ich werde wohl baldigst auch mal auf den Flohmarkt gehen :) *wunderbar* ..hat bestimmt auch Spaß gemacht dem Teilchen neues Leben einzuhauchen und nützlich ist es obendrein.. Liebe Grüße.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! I love what you created here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nothing like a coat of paint & some pretties to turn something very '70's' into shabby-chic cuteness! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wunderschön und das hätte wohl keiner gedacht , das daraus mal ein Schmuckstücken wird

    ReplyDelete